So far, by God's grace

Monday, April 21, 2014

O Love That Will NOT Let Me Go

At the end of a tiring, emotionally draining day, the words of this old hymn came back to give me calm assurance. I quickly turned on my computer and surfed youtube for my favorite tenor's version of this classic hymn - O Love That Will Not Let Me Go.

If this hymn is new to you, please read the lyrics carefully. The sheer poetry in these words cannot hold a candle to the profound meaning within these lines. 

Here is David Phelps rendering of the famous hymn by George Matheson

O love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in thee
I give thee back the life I owe
That in thine ocean depths its flow
My richer, fuller be

O light that followest all my way
I yield my flickering torch to thee
My heart restores its borrowed ray
That in thy sunshines glow its day
May brighter, fairer be

O joy you seek me through the pain
I cannot close my heart to thee
I trace the rainbow through the rain
And feel the promise is not vain
Then morn shall tearless be


No comments:

Post a Comment